28 November 2006

The Hell...

...have I been?

This is becoming one of those "graveyard blogs." Characteristics of a graveyard blog: outdated personal reflections, months-old reactions to news nobody cares about anymore, a link that goes nowhere, a holiday greeting two holidays behind. Ever stumble across a blog like this? This one is all of the above. Listen, I've been busy, sick, and busy. So let me explain:

The paragraph project that took over this blog just didn't sustain my blogging imagination. I wanted to use it as a cheap excuse to blog more. You can lead writing to a blog, but you can't make it blogworthy. As the old saying goes...

And I started a restaurant. In my apartment. One night a week we host a dinner for friends of friends and friends of acquaintances who make reservations through our website. Since there are three of us (my roommates Danielle and Norah), everyone has a lot to do. It has been way more fun then I ever imagined. But fun takes time...

We're planning a mega-New Year's Event. I've never been involved with this kind of party before. Certainly a learning experience; details you want to overlook can't be overlooked! Aspects you thought didn't need planning actually need planning. Does everything need planning? Yes. I had to check the capacity of my coatrack this morning. It holds around 40 coats. Not enough coat space. What to do???? Why do I spend time worrying about this crap?

My body was raided with some kind of bacterial infection that I let build up to a considerable steam, and probably had since my trip to Mississippi in August. I was like, "I definitely feel sick, I should get more sleep tonight." A couple months of that and I finally said, "Ok I quit, I'm sick." I think I'm better. We'll see.

This is also my busiest time of year for work. But what blog that hasn't updated in like a year doesn't have that foreboding message implanted somewhere in... the LAST UPDATED POST... duhn duhn duhn... Fear not. This one, if it goes down, goes down in FLAMES!!!

So this is a blog entry, I guess. Lucky you!

Oh, and as if there isn't enough "not-blogging" in my universe, I've started another blog. But there's no posts yet. So you can't accuse me of not updating...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Pride said...

you never cease to amaze me . . .

December 11, 2006 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home